Discount Vitamins Superstore!
At the Vitamin Shoppe we offer comprehensive Natural health products at the lowest retail prices direct to the public. We stock many of the leading Retail & Practitioner Brands in Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, Sports supplements, Homeopathic, Aromatherapy, and Health Foods. In addition, The Vitamins Shoppe have full-time Naturopaths in-store, ready to provide you the right advise regarding conditions or products absolutely free of charge.
A Naturopath and Nutritionist specialising in
- Weight management (she will create an individualised dietary & lifestyle plan so you can achieve your weight loss goals).
- Digestive issues (assisting with symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, diarrhoea/constipation)
- Skin issues (e.g. eczema, acne)
- Fussy eating in babies/young children (helping to broaden the range of foods your children will eat)
- General guidance on diet and nutrition
- Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
- Specialising in natural fertility, female hormonal disorders & holistic nutrition
- VLA practitioner
- Accredited Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Gen has over 18 years of experience in the natural health industry and is an Accredited Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society and National Herbalists Association of Australia. She's trained to utilise screening tools Microscope Health Screenings to help recognise how different signs and symptoms may relate to your health status. She will work with you to develop a dietary and lifestyle plan to improve your health.
During her life as a Naturopath treated people with the following conditions;
- Benign breast tumours
- Children's behavioural disorders such as ODD, ADD, ADHD, Learning difficulties
- Food intolerances
- Immune deficiency in children, kids who always seem to get everything
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjögren's Syndrome
- Unexplained vitamin deficiencies such as vitamin B12, and vitamin D deficiencies
- Thyroid disorders especially Hashimoto's
- Multiple Sclerosis MS
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease
- Unexplained bowel pain
- Pregnancy preparation
- Unexplained weight gain
Gen can also help with food intolerance. The following conditions have been linked to food intolerances and can be alleviated by removing the offending food.
- Sleep Apnoea and Insomnia
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Asthma, Sinus and Post-nasal drip
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Memory Loss
- Mood swings, Anxiety, Depression and Panic attacks
- Irritable bowel, Reflux, Colic and Bloating
- Recurrent colds and influenza
Gen can refer you for allergy testing for over 400 substances. These tests involve a simple blood test which is less invasive than the skin prick test, less painful to the patient especially important for kids and more accurate. Gen can also test you for allergies or intolerances for up to 93 foods as listed below;
GRAINS: Rye, Barley, Buckwheat, Corn, Durum Wheat, Millet, Oat, Rice, and Wheat
DAIRY FOODS: Cow Milk, Egg, Goat Milk, and Sheep Milk.
MEATS: Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork, Turkey, and Venison.
FISH: Cod, Crab, Herring, Mackerel, Mussels, Plaice, Prawn, Salmon, Sole, Trout, and Tuna.
VEGETABLES: Aubergine, Avocado, Beetroot, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cucumber, Leek, Lentil, Lettuce, Onion, Peas, Peppers, Potato, Sunflower Seeds, and Tomato (yes, I know it's a fruit but it is treated like a vegetable).
BEANS: Haricot, Kidney, Soya, and String.
FRUITS: Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blackcurrant, Grapes. Grapefruit, Kiwi Fruit, Lemon, Melon, Olive, Orange, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, and Strawberry.
NUTS: Almond, Carob, Cashew, Cocoa Bean, Coconut, Hazelnut, Nutmeg, Peanut, Walnut, and Brazil Nut.
OTHERS: Chilli Pepper, Garlic, Pepper Black/White, Mint, Sesame Seed, Coffee, Cola Nut, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast (Bakers, Brewers), Rapeseed, Ginger, and Vanilla.