BioCeuticals Adrenoplex combines traditional Chinese medicine herbs Siberian and Korean ginsengs with the Ayurvedic herb withania (KSM-66 extract), clinically demonstrated to support stress adaptation and to relieve mild anxiety.
Formulated with added B vitamins and amino acids for healthy adrenal and nervous system support, Adrenoplex may be beneficial during times of increased physical and mental demand.
- Supports healthy adrenal and nervous system function.
- Helps relieve nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety.
- Improves stress adaptation, supporting the body’s resistance towards stress.
- May provide nutritional support during times of increased physical and mental demand.
- Relieves symptoms of study or work-related stress.
- May support energy and vitality in healthy people.
- May support the body during convalescence.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- May support mental and physical capacity including weakness, exhaustion and fatigue.
- May support concentration.
- Features a therapeutic dose of KSM-66, a highly concentrated full-spectrum withania extract, and the activated B9 and B6.
- Includes standardised traditional adaptogen herbs.
Each capsule contains:
Herbal standardised extracts equiv. to dry:
- Withania somnifera (KSM-66 winter cherry) root 1.88g
- Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian ginseng) root 1.75g
equiv. syringaresinol diglucoside934mcg
- Panax ginseng (Korean ginseng) root 180mg
equiv. ginsenosides Rg1-Re-Rf-Rg2-Rb1-Rb2-Rc-Rd4.5mg
- Panax quinquefolium (American ginseng) root 120mg
equiv. ginsenosides Rg1-Re-Rb1-Rb2-Rc-Rd1.8mg
- Herbal extract equiv. to dry:
- Ganoderma lucidum (reiishi) fruiting body 75mg
- Phenylalanine 75mg
- Tyrosine 75mg
- Calcium folinate (activated vitamin B9) 69.5mcg
equiv. folinic acid50mcg
- Calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5) 55mg
equiv. pantothenic acid50mg
- Nicotinamide 15mg
- Nicotinic acid 5mg
- Pyridoxal-5-phosphate monohydrate 6.74mg
equiv. pyridoxine (vitamin B6)4.3mg
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 5mcg
Adults: Take 2 capsules one to two times per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Phenylketonurics are warned that this product contains phenylalanine. Contains lactose.
Caution with concurrent use of anti-depressant medications, thyroid hormone medications. Caution with hypertension – consult your healthcare practitioner before taking.
Pregnancy and Lactation
BioCeuticals Adrenoplex is not contraindicated during lactation, in fact some of the herbs have traditionally been used to promote lactation; for example Withania and Korean Ginseng.
It is likely that some of the ingredients will pass to the baby via breast milk, however at this point there are no known cases of adverse effects.
Theoretically, there are two possible issues that could occur, although the possibility is remote:
1. Allergic reaction
If Adrenoplex is strongly indicated for the mother, then it is worthwhile considering if there are any allergies in the extended family. This would include:
– Solanacea family; eggplant, tomato, potato
– Araliaceae family; ivy plants
– Ganoderma mushrooms
It is also worthwhile considering if there is any genetic adrenal disorders within the extended family since the herbs and nutrients of Adrenoplex affect adrenal activity.
2. Adrenal Hyperactivity in the baby (although no such effect has been reported)
With regard to dosage it would be best to start with 1 capsule per day and build up to no more than 2 capsules twice per day, depending on how the mother and baby progress.
If you are taking BioCeuticals Adrenoplex for energy support or stress and anxiety it may be worthwhile considering as an alternative: Ultra Muscleze, DHA Omega, InNatal and chamomile tea.