BioCeuticals Folinic Acid is an alternative form of folic acid that bypasses some of the steps in the conversion of folic acid to the active form, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF).
Folinic acid supports healthy methylation pathways, homocysteine metabolism, DNA replication and foetal development.
- Supports healthy methylation pathways in the body.
- Supports healthy homocysteine metabolism.
- Involved in the synthesis of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe).
- Helps form red blood cells.
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function.
- Helps support cognitive health, with healthy neural development, growth and repair.
- Involved in growth and cellular replication, and contributes to normal growth of the foetus.
- Vegetarian friendly.
Each capsule contains:
Calcium folinate (activated vitamin B9) 540mcg
equiv. folinic acid 500 mcg
Adults: Take 1 capsule once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Use of folate supplements may mask a B12 deficiency state. It is recommended that patients be screened for vitamin B12 deficiency alongside folate levels.
Doses above 1000mcg per day should also be avoided to prevent precipitation or exacerbation of neuropathy related to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Folic acid can have direct convulsant activity in some people, potentially worsening seizure control in epileptic patients.
This is a ‘practitioner only’ product that would normally be prescribed by your health care professional.