This unique phytonutrient formula provides 45mg of Indolplex¶© along with Vitex agnus castus (Chaste Berry), Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack), selenium & vitamin D3 to promote healthy hormone balance.
- FemBalance¶? is an ideal nutrient and herbal formula to assist healthy menstrual function and for the relief of symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- FemBalance¶? is indicated in female health conditions associated with oestrogen dominance. FemBalance¶? features Indolplex¶©, a unique and highly absorbable diindolylmethane as found in cruciferous sources with demonstrated clinical activity.
- Indolplex¶© assists the favourable metabolism of oestrogen down the 2-hydroxylation pathway. A beneficial shift in metabolism can help maintain healthy oestrogen ratios and reduce the symptoms of oestrogen dominance.
- The active 2-hydroxyoestrone metabolites are considered the ¶?good’ oestrogens. Whereas the 4-hydroxyoestrone and 16-alpha-hydroxyoestrone metabolites are often termed the ¶?bad’ oestrogens. The common symptoms of oestrogen dominance are often due to underactive oestrogen metabolism and the overproduction of unfavourable oestrogen metabolites. For this reason bioavailable DIM is indicated to assist health of the reproductive tract and breast.
- Vitex agnus castus (Chaste berry) helps maintain normal physiology in women. It is effective for the relief of symptoms of PMS.
- Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) is a rich source of iodine. Iodine is an essential element for the synthesis of triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), and is therefore required for normal thyroid function. Mild iodine deficiency is common in Australia.
- Iodine deficiency leads to an increased sensitivity of breast tissue to oestrogen. Iodine can help relieve the symptoms of fibrocystic breast disease.Iodine may also have a protective effect on the breast tissue by modulating oestrogen pathways.
- Selenium is an essential micronutrient fundamental to health. It is a necessary component of several major metabolic pathways, including thyroid hormone metabolism, antioxidant defence systems and immune function.
- A combination of selenium and iodine deficiency exacerbates hypothyroidism.Selenium dependent enzymes are required for conversion of T4 to the biologically active T3. Iodine together with selenium can help support normal metabolism of thyroid hormones.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the naturally occurring form of vitamin D. The biological effects extend far beyond controlling mineral metabolism. Vitamin D3 is now considered a ¶?repair and maintenance’ pro-hormone that targets a wide variety of tissue.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) supports overall health, including a healthy immune system. In Australia, the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency is widespread despite the abundance of sunshine.
Each Vegetable Capsule (VCaps¶©) Contains
Equiv. bioavailable DIM 13.5mg
Vitex agnus castus (Chaste berry) extract
Equiv. dry herb 75mg
Equiv. vitamin D3 500IU
Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) extract
Equiv. dry herb 700mg
Providing iodine 280¶æg
Equiv. Selenium 150¶æg
Cellulose microcrystalline, silicon dioxide, calcium hydrogen phosphate and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Directions For Use
Adults: Take 1 capsule a day or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150¶æg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Selenium containing products are not suitable for children under the age of 15 years.
- Do not use Indolplex¶© if you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are lactating.
Precautions & Considerations
- FemBalance¶? contains iodine which can affect metabolism of thyroid hormones. Monitoring of individuals taking prescribed thyroid medication is recommended.
- Harmless changes in urine colour may occur with Indolplex¶©. Increased water consumption can reduce this side effect.
- Symptoms of nausea and/or headaches may occur with Indolplex¶©. Indolplex¶© assists activity of hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes (CYP1A1) pathways. Nutrients required to support phase 2 liver detoxification pathways can assist in reducing these symptoms.
- A short term increase in symptoms with Indolplex¶© may be due to increased metabolism of available oestrogen.
- Indolplex¶© does not contain goitrogenic compounds which could affect thyroid function.
- Indolplex¶© is not phytoestrogenic and has no inherent oestrogenic activity. FemBalance¶? can be used in used in conjunction with phytoestrogenic herbs.
- Indolplex¶© may assist hormone health when taken with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
- Indolplex¶© may assist hormone health when taken with the oral contraceptive pill (OCP). Indolplex¶© has no inducing action on CYP3A4, the enzyme that metabolises the OCP. Therefore, Indolplex¶© does not affect efficacy of the OCP.
- Indolplex¶© may assist effective metabolism of increased available oestrogen when taken with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
- Safety studies support concomitant use of Indolplex¶© with Tamoxifen.
- Combined use of Indolplex¶© and Zoladex is supported.
- Concomitant use of Indolplex¶© with aromatase inhibitors is not recommended. This includes drugs such as Arimidex and Femara.
- Indolplex¶© may increase the clearance of the following; caffeine, theophylline, paracetamol, tamoxifen, phenacetin, tacrine and verapamil at prolonged doses >300mg daily.