MD Nutritionals Indolplex contains highly absorbable diindolylmethane (DIM), a natural indole from cruciferous sources. This protective phytonutrient promotes healthy hormone balance.
- Indoles are natural phytonutrients found in cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli. These biologically active compounds are associated with a lower risk of major health issues. DIM is the most abundant and active dietary indole derived from cruciferous vegetables.
- MD Nutritionals Indolplex contains bioavailable DIM, a unique and highly absorbable diindolylmethane with demonstrated clinical activity.
- Indolplex¶© is not phytoestrogenic and has no inherent oestrogenic activity. Indolplex¶© assists the favourable metabolism of oestrogen down the 2-hydroxylation pathway. A beneficial shift in metabolism can help maintain healthy oestrogen ratios and reduce the symptoms of oestrogen dominance.
- The active 2-hydroxyoestrone metabolites are considered the ¶?good’ oestrogens. Whereas the 4-hydroxyoestrone and 16-alpha-hydroxyoestrone metabolites are often termed the ¶?bad’ oestrogens. The common symptoms of oestrogen dominance are often due to underactive oestrogen metabolism and the overproduction of unfavourable oestrogen metabolites.
- Indolplex¶© may be beneficial in symptoms associated with pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) and medically diagnosed conditions such as fibrocystic breast disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), uterine fibroids, cyclical mastalgia and cervical dysplasia.
- MD Nutritionals Indolplex may assist health of the reproductive tract and breast in women.
- Indolplex¶© may assist symptoms of medically diagnosed prostate disorders.
- MD Nutritionals Indolplex may assist the metabolic changes observed in obesity in both men and women. Obesity, often considered an oestrogen excess condition is associated with an increased incidence of reproductive dysfunction and oestrogen linked disorders.
- Obesity is also associated with a significant reduction in 2-hydroxylation of oestrogen.This metabolic alteration could further aggravate a relative hyperoestrogenic state. Unlike other oestrogen metabolites, the 2-hydroxyoestrogen compounds display relatively little peripheral oestrogenic activity. When used in conjunction with a nutritious diet and regular exercise Indolplex¶© can support improvements in body composition.
Each Vegetable Capsule (VCaps¶©) Contains
Equiv. bioavailable DIM 20mg
Cellulose microcrystalline, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (VCaps¶©), calcium hydrogen phosphate, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), starch and silicon dioxide.
Directions For Use
Women: Take 2 capsules once to twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Men: Take 2 capsules twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use Indolplex¶© if you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are lactating.
Precautions & Considerations
- Harmless changes in urine colour may occur with Indolplex¶©. Increased water consumption can reduce this side effect.
- Symptoms of nausea and/or headaches may occur with Indolplex¶©. Indolplex¶© assists activity of hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes (CYP1A1) pathways. Nutrients required to support phase 2 liver detoxification pathways can assist in reducing these symptoms.
- Indolplex¶© does not contain goitrogenic compounds which could affect thyroid function.
- A short term increase in symptoms with Indolplex¶© may be due to increased metabolism of available oestrogen.
- Indolplex¶© can be used in used in conjunction with phytoestrogenic herbs.
- Indolplex¶© may assist hormone health when taken with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Indolplex¶© may assist hormone health when taken with the oral contraceptive pill (OCP). Indolplex¶© has no inducing action on CYP3A4, the enzyme that metabolises the OCP. Therefore, Indolplex¶© does not affect efficacy of the OCP.
- Indolplex¶© may assist effective metabolism of increased available oestrogen when taken with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
- Safety studies support concomitant use of Indolplex¶© with Tamoxifen.
- Combined use of Indolplex¶© and Zoladex is supported.
- Concomitant use of Indolplex¶© with aromatase inhibitors is not recommended. This includes drugs such as Arimidex and Femara.
- Indolplex¶© may increase the clearance of the following; caffeine, theophylline, paracetamol, tamoxifen, phenacetin, tacrine and verapamil at prolonged doses >300mg daily.