NEW Recipe – Eggplant Balado
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lotus Organic Rapadura Sugar
- ½ cup Global Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 400g Global Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste, diluted in 1 cup of hot water
- 5 bird’s eye chillies
- 3 red chillies
- 6 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake eggplant for 20 minutes or until soft and set aside. To create a chilli paste, grind chillies, salt, shallots and garlic in a mortar and pestle.
Over a medium heat, combine olive oil, tamarind paste and chilli paste and cook till fragrant for 2 minutes. Add sugar, eggplant and tomatoes. Mix well and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with Lotus Organic Tri Colour Quinoa or Lotus Organic Whole Rice Couscous.