DescriptionDioxiClear is a nutritional formula with milk thistle, traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to help support healthy liver function, protect the liver and help enhance bile secretion and flow. Chitosan is also included to help support healthy cholesterol, already within the normal range. In addition, vitamin C, quercetin and vitamin E act as antioxidants and help reduce free radical damage to body cells.Each 5.5 g serve contains:
Poliglusam (chitosan) 580 mg
Guar gum 3 g
Milk thistle extract (Silybum marianum) 175 mg
Equiv. dry seed 5.25 gStandardised to silymarin 140 mg
Quercetin dihydrate (Lipisperse® Quercetin CWD 90) 200 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 333.33 mg
Mixed (low-alpha type) tocopherols concentrate 89.33 mgAdults: Mix 5.5 g powder (approximately two metric 5 mL teaspoons) with 250 mL of water, 3 times per day, or as directed by a health care practitioner.Warnings
- If symptoms persist, talk to your health care practitioner.
- Do not take powder alone. Mix with food or fluid. Poliglusam should be taken at least one hour after any other medication as it may reduce the effect of these medications.
- Milk thistle may cause allergic reactions in individuals sensitive to the Asteraceae family.
- Chitosan may theoretically cause a reaction in people with allergies to shellfish. Chitosan is derived from the chitin of shellfish. Avoid or use with caution in these individuals.
- Guar gum is contraindicated in cases of GI obstruction and in patients anatomically predisposed to luminal obstruction.
- Guar gum may reduce or slow absorption of oral drugs. Guar gum, or products containing guar gum should be taken 30-60 minutes after other oral medication.
- High dose vitamin C supplements in excess of 500 mg daily, should be used with caution in patients with a history of kidney stones due to concerns that vitamin C may theoretically increase oxalate excretion.
- Vitamin C enhances iron absorption. Caution is advised with high dose vitamin C intake in individuals with iron metabolism disorders such as hereditary haemochromatosis, sideroblastic anaemia or thalassaemia.
- The ingredients in this product are generally well-tolerated.
- Milk thistle, chitosan and vitamin C have been associated with mild gastrointestinal adverse effects. These may include abdominal cramps, bloating, loose stools, flatulence, dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting. Milk thistle may cause rare allergic reactions in people sensitive to the Asteraceae family, including urticaria, eczema, skin rash, and potentially, anaphylaxis.
- Use of this product during pregnancy and lactation is not recommended.
TGA Listed product with Aust L 371416.
Download TGA Public Summary for TGA published information including excipients, which are listed under 'Other Ingredients'.