DescriptionBioavailable Methyl B12 using liposomal technology for superior absorption and delivery.Active Ingredients (per 285 microlitres – 1 spray):
Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (Methyl Vitamin B12) 1000 micrograms
Purified water, Sunflower lecithin (equiv. phospholipids 40.3 mg/g), Raspberry juice concentrate, Tocofersolan, Glycerol, Ethanol.Take 285 microlitres (1 spray) daily by mouth or as directed by your health care professional. Spray directly into the inner cheek or under the tongue and hold in the mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing. Take on an empty stomach.General Safety
- Vitamin B12 is generally considered safe, even in large doses.
- Considered safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding with normal intake.
- Cautions and Contraindications
- Vitamin B12 may occasionally cause diarrhoea and itching skin. Signs of polycythemia vera may be unmasked.
- Mega doses may exacerbate acne.
- Many drugs reduce absorption of vitamin B12.
- Alcohol – excessive intake may reduce the absorption of vitamin B12.
- Metformin may reduce absorption of vitamin B12.
- Methyldopa may reduce absorption of vitamin B12.
- Oral contraceptives may reduce blood levels of vitamin B12.
- Proton pump inhibitors – long term therapy may reduce serum vitamin B12 levels.
- Folic acid – large doses given continuously may reduce vitamin B12 in blood.
- Vitamin C may destroy vitamin B12 (avoid large doses of vitamin C within 1 hour of oral vitamin B12).
TGA Listed product with Aust L 385194.
Download TGA Public Summary for TGA published information including excipients, which are listed under 'Other Ingredients'.